Us As It Was For Neo...
The entire purpose of these last few posts is to provide resources, insight, and hopefully help to someone that is looking to attempt their first ultra. If out of all the information on the internet you have found yourself here, you likely have a descent amount of self awareness that you shouldn't just approach an ultramarathon with nonchalance.
Here are some pointers on how to keep your head out of the clouds:
- Consume everything you can from your predecessors... read, watch, ask.
- Make your only goal this: Crossing the finish line.
- Volunteer at a race as an aid station worker.
- Go to a race to cheer on other runners.
- Sure it's a competition, but not against others... it's against yourself.
- Volunteer to be a pacer for someone else that's running.
- Know your limits. Physically and mentally.
- Start out slow. In training, in racing, in everything.